Securely integrate on-premise applications with RunMyProcess
As cloud computing goes mainstream, companies are finding themselves with hybrid IT infrastructures. There’s a need to connect cloud platforms with internal on-premise systems – without compromising security.
The RunMyProcess Secure Enterprise Connector (SEC) creates a secure tunnel that connects internal and external systems. Based on the Google Secure Data Connector (SDC), it forms a secure link between the application running on the RunMyProcess platform and the SEC client, installed on the on-premise system.
● Easy to configure. The RunMyProcess Secure Enterpise Connector is integrated into the RunMyProcess workflow builder and can be easily configured when building a process or workflow application.
● Secure link. Installed behind the corporate firewall, only the SEC client can initiate a connection or exchange data with the application on the RunMyProcess platform. There’s no risk of creating a hole in your firewall that could be accessed by other applications. Connections are restricted to the domain configured for the connection.
● Private data. Each secure data tunnel is associated with one domain. A separate tunnel needs to be created for each domain. No other customer or domain can connect with the SEC agent located behind the firewall.
● HTTP authentication support. The RunMyProcess Secure Enterprise Connector supports all standard types of HTTP authentication already supported by the RunMyProcess platform.
How it works
● Install the SEC client within your corporate network behind the firewall. The client can be installed on a Linux or Windows server running Java.
● Configure RunMyProcess SEC when building a process or workflow application on the RunMyProcess platform.
● The tunnel server forms a secure connection and validates that a user is authorized to make a request to the specified resource.
● The tunnel is encrypted using standard X.509 certificates in the SSLv3/TLS handshake. Unlike a traditional VPN, SDC only supports inbound data requests that originate from RunMyProcess platform, further strengthening security.
● SEC uses the Google tunnel protocol to authenticate users and encrypt the data flowing through the tunnel.
Available from within the RunMyProcess platform.
FREE for RunMyProcess customers. The SEC can be used on all applications that you build for no extra charge.